Petition started at Change.org, to Centre County Commissioners Michael Pipe, Mark Higgins and Steve Dershem
We hold these truths to be self-evident:
- That the Federal Government of the United States, the U.S. Congress, and the Federal Reserve Board of Governors work by and for the 1% and the corporate-state of financial investment looters;
- That they have looted and continue to loot the labor and natural wealth of the American people;
- That due to campaign finance laws and other legal and illegal corruption, they are unreformable;
- That the current political and legal association between the laboring class People and our former government, as unreformable, is also involuntary, illegitimate servitude unworthy of the names “democracy,” “representative,” and/or “Constitutional republic” and
- That we therefore need to Burn It the Fuck Down. #BITFD
Therefore we call upon the Centre County Commissioners to:
1) Enact a secession measure within 30 days of this Petition obtaining 300 Centre County citizen signatures, to withdraw the People of Centre County from their former political, legal and economic association with the United States Government and the State of Pennsylvania and
2) Convene a Centre County Constitutional Convention at Bellefonte, PA comprised of two representatives chosen at random from each 2019 voting precinct (91 precincts) within the county, by lottery of all those who submit their names for selection to the Centre County Elections Office no later than 30 days following the date of submission to the County Commissioners, and can demonstrate 2019 annual personal income of no greater than $30,000 US dollars, to establish a new government of, by and for the laboring class People of Centre County, to such ends and through such means as they may freely choose for themselves by majority vote.
If you’d like to sign, click here.
Postscript May 9, 2020 – I tend to be an early-adopter, so it could be quite awhile before we hit 300 signatures. We’ll get there. 🙂